We ♥ open source both for its philosophy and the pragmatic results it brings to our project.
Some of the open source projects we regularly use:
- Content management systems
- WordPress - 40% of websites out there. Extendable, strong community.
- Grav - This site runs on Grav. Super light-weight & fast.
- PHP web development frameworks
- Laminas - The good old Zend framework.
- Symfony - The best PHP framework... and it is french :-)
- Web hosting - LAMP, of course
- Linux - The famous operating system.
- Apache - The famous server solution.
- MySQL - The famous database solution.
- PHP - The famous coding language.
- Development & project management
- GitLab - The code-first project management solution.
- Redmine - A great lean project management solution (tickets, wiki, agile board, etc).
- GIT - The best distributed version control system.
Other open source solutions we have used in the past:
- Talend - The leader in Enterprise Buses and ETLs.
- SugarCRM - A open-source SalesForce-like.
- Ibexa Content - Enterprise-level CMS, the good old eZPublish.